Founded 100 years ago, the American Association of University Professors is the organization that helped institute the principles of faculty governance that have made U.S. colleges and universities among the very best in the world. But now with the increasing corporatization of the university, these principles are under fire.
By becoming a member of AAUP, you will be part of a national movement with this mission:
- to advance academic freedom and shared governance;
- to define fundamental professional values and standards for higher education;
- to promote the economic security of faculty, academic professionals, graduate students, post-doctoral fellows, and all those engaged in teaching and research in higher education;
- to help the higher education community organize to make our goals a reality; and
- to ensure higher education’s contribution to the common good.
To join the national organization and become a member of our local chapter go here.
Whether or not you are an AAUP member, our Emory Chapter is here to serve your needs. If you are experiencing difficulties related to AAUP’s mission, please contact us for assistance. See the about page for links to executive committee members.
For recent news and updates, visit us on facebook.